Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Addendum

This is a quick addendum to my previous post on Elevatorgate.

It seems that there are really two issues involved in the Elevatorgate kerfuffle, or rather, two things that people are trying to communicate.

1) Don't do that thing because in the current climate, it is likely to make the woman you're doing it to intensely uncomfortable.

2) Don't do that thing AT ALL - just because you've decided that you'd like to have sex with me doesn't mean it's OK for you to now ask me to have sex without any preamble. Give me the same opportunity you've had, of having time to decide whether I'd like to have sex with you. This makes me feel less like a piece of meat, whose only option is to react to your action rather than make my own decisions.

EDIT: Edited for grammar/clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment